The annual Caregiver of the Year awards banquet is one of HAPPEN’s premiere events. Explore the areas below to learn more about the event!
What is Caregiver of the Year?
Caregiver of the Year honors CNAs and PCAs in the Treasure Valley for the hard work that they do year in and year out. Click on the button to learn more about the event and its history.
“I Make it Happen!” Caregiver of the Year Award
In 2007, HAPPEN held its first “I Make it HAPPEN” Caregiver of the Year Award ceremony. Since then, the association has honored more than 250 caregivers throughout the Treasure Valley and has awarded over 50 educational scholarships. Each year’s finalists are honored at a luncheon and recognized for their excellence in healthcare.
This award was conceived to recognize those individuals who provide outstanding care to those in need. These individuals go above and beyond their normal job descriptions to provide professional, caring services that enhace the quality of their clients’/patients’ lives. Their work is often difficult and thankless, and this award is a way to show them that their efforts are both noticed and appreciated!
Caregivers are nominated by their companies, clients, and others in the community, and are judged in five categories:
1) Heart – Passion for the job and going the extra mile.
2) Dependability – Attendance and reliability.
3) Appearance – Professional and appropriate.
4) Accountability – Ethics and honesty.
5) Longevity – At least one year of service with their current employer.The Caregiver of the Year Award is given to one Certified Nursing Assistant and one Personal Care Attendant chosen from local hospitals, long-term care facilities, home care, and home health and hospice agencies throughout the Treasure Valley area.
Thanks to generous donations by our HAPPEN member companies and community, since 2011 HAPPEN has also been able to offer a life-changing scholarship to one of our finalist caregiver nominees. This educational scholarship can be used at any educational institution of the winner’s choice.
Get involved! Caregiver of the Year needs you!
Caregiver of the Year depends on the participation and support of the healthcare community and local businesses in the Treasure Valley! Get involved by nominating a deserving caregiver, applying for one of our scholarships, or becoming a sponsor of the event!2020 Nomination Form (Coming Soon!) 2020 Scholarship Form